Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Lymphocytes % 6.7 normal 23% or higher, Ch50/100 @161 normal

60-144. Urinating blood, unable to...
lymphocytes % 6.7 normal 23% or higher, Ch50/100 @161 normal 60-144. Urinating blood, unable to see specialist to date
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: malese, unable to work for 6 months, very sick
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: total colectomy, removed colon, large bowl, ulcerritave colitis
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Urinary scope, exposed blood vessels, cotterized, bladder prostate
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Rural area, shortage of specialist, 6 month wait
12/7/2017
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

What medications are you on?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
I've been on tylenol 3 and meslamine enema since my colon was removed in 2002. Should alo know, my hands, wrist, shoulders, feet ache, lungs are labored, like not enough air, have had 2 iron infusions in 18 months

The low lymphocytes aren't a red flag for me.

The concern is the blood in the urine.

It could be from a fistula formation which would be odd or possible a urinary tract infection.

The aches that you have been having and the history of mesalamine use makes me concerned for possible lower immunity and hence and infection.

How long has the bleeding been going on for?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
blood in urine for 2 1/2 years

Thank you for that information. Please let me know what questions you have any I'm happy to address them.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
What do you think about rheumatory, vascutiltis or connective tissue possibilities?

All those are possibilities. Vasculitis generally would have a rash as well. But there could be an AV malformation somewhere as well causing the bleeding. Connective tissue disorder is possible but less likely. As far as a rheumatologic disorder, that wouldn't be too hard to assess since now we have blood tests that can check for that.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Consultant Physician& Rheumatologist
Phone call session started
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD