Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had gastric bypass surgery on 2/20/17. I never could make…

Customer Question
I had gastric bypass...

I had gastric bypass surgery on 2/20/17. I never could make it past a pureed food. I went back to the surgeon 10 weeks post surgery. Explained the problem. He ask was I trying to eat to fast. I told him no. So he set me up with a surgeon to have esophagus stretched and I have went back 6 times and still no better. I want to back up a second. I knew I had a hiatal hernia, and so did surgeon. After my gastric surgery. the surgeon came in waitng room and told my wife and son that he had a time with my hernia. He said it had so much fat and it was big, that he dicected some of it and it kept falling back in hole. He said he didn't close it back up. He said he didn't anticipate it being that big. I seen him about 6 weeks ago after I had my esophagus stretched the 6th time. He told me not to have it done any more. So I went back on 11/30/17 and he thought I was there for my 9 month check up. I told him no that I still coudn't eat. I told him I know I have a stricture and can't he do a upper G I to see. Then I mentioned about the large hiatal hernia that he had issues with and could that be an issue. He didn't remember that and when he pulled up my chart he said oh yes. I remember that now and it was dark in hold and he had a time with it. He said he wanted to do an upper G I and he now thinks the hernia may be the problem. And he also said the bad thing is we are going to have to go back in where he done surgery and fix. He said it was a lot more serious surgery. He wanted to try to do sometime first of year. I have lost confidence in him to be blunt. Your thoughts. I weighed 380 when I went in and now I weigh 240. I just cant eat solid foods.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Stricture in throat, Can't swallow solid foods. Living on shakes and such

Doctor's Assistant: How severe is this?

You can die from it Im told

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

Ok please reply back when you can. Thank you so much for your expertise in this matter. I told my wife I feel like I’ve been thrown under bus on this. I am so happy with my weight lose but I can’t live on protein shakes.Sincerely *****
I don't know if you have sent me anything yet or not. I don't see anything yet

You absolutely need the hiatal hernia repaired

go to a large university hospital

they can do it non invasively

where do you live?

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers

If you have more questions, just reply. :)