Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

This is really personal and gross but i tested positive for…

Hi, this is really...

Hi, this is really personal and gross but i tested positive for chlamydia by a vaginal swab test and took a one time dose of doxycycline on monday. last night my boyfriend and i were being dumb and had anal sex but not vaginal, he tested negative but i know youre supposed to wait 7 days before having sex. Is it likely that I got reinfected from this?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take birth control daily and im not allergic to any

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No okay thank you!

12/7/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Did he take the doxy as well?

I got tested because he was diagnosed, but by the time i got tested and treated he had already been done with treatment for a week.
But I never got tested anywhere except vaginally.... is it common for people to have it in their vagina and anus?
basically, would i be easily reinfected in my vagina only by anal sex? or do you have to have vaginal sex to get reinfected there?

No it is not common in both areas

You would not be reinfected with this scenario

you should be fine

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
thank you so much! i will

welcome :)