Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My older brother who is 58 has a large tumor looking thing…

Customer Question
My older brother who...

My older brother who is 58 has a large tumor looking thing on th right side of his stomach. its apparently its as long as a watermelon but only half the width. I was told its now draining and smells like death. what can I do. I will be going over there and try to talk him into going to the hospital

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

No I was just told of this yesterday. he has had the growth about a year and the draining is recent but he walks around with a sheet on so the wont see it. makes no sense. the house smells bad. he is white as a ghost and not making a lot of sense when talking to someone but refuses to go to the DR.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My grandmother died at 102 years old they had found a tumor on her side that was cancer also. my mom has skin cancer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Did they biopsy it?

no he will not go to the Dr.

This is likely a skin cancer that has grown to a ridiculous size

why won't he go in?

that makes no sense?

don't know he wont leave the house either.

I would call an ambulance to pick him up

you can do that against his will?

If you can petition him that he is not competent to make decisions

is he competent?

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers

If you have more questions, just reply. :)