Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a hematoma on my knee about the size of half a

Customer Question
I have a hematoma...

I have a hematoma on my knee about the size of half a baseball. the Dr. tried to drain it but it is colligated and advice is to let is dissipate on its own which could/will take many months(two months now). surgery too risky. any advice on how to hurry up the process, ie heat, massage, cold?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Gets tired at end of day. some swelling above the knee

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. very healthy active 71 year old women who is missing being able to hike etc.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

just click send to reply