Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm experiencing blood in stool and numbness of fingers and…

Customer Question
Hello. I'm experiencing blood...

Hello. I'm experiencing blood in stool and numbness of fingers and stiff neck

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

Last time was 2-3 weeks go ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My dad had lymphoma cancer and won

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

sorry you have these symptoms.

blood in stool most commonly is from hemorrhoid bleeding. do you have constipation or hard stools which can cause hemorrhoid bleeding?

bad anxiety, lack of exercise can cause stiff neck and numbness in the fingers.

these typically are not signs of lymphoma.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms.

I gained a lot of weight since my wife's pregnancy. 30 lbs.
37 male
I'm a teacher lol
I feel bloated at times

I see.

cutting out carbohydrates, sugars, sodas, bread, pasta, white flour and eating more protein, fruits and vegetables over time can help you loose weight.

are you able to change your diet and do some exercise?

cutting out gluten and milk and sodas can help decrease bloating.

could it be liver disease? cancer? std?

do you drink alcohol or beer?

your symptoms don't point to cancer or STD

this is not my first time bleeding while in the restroom. this would be my 3rd time.
blood would drip from my anus.

bad hemorrhoids can bleed frequently

you may need use a suppository over teh counter for your hemorrhoids or a prescription hydrocortisone suppository to help shrink the hemorrhoids.

when I wiped. but the blood drip would
but hemorrhoids I don't experience paint when in the restroom
i don't experience pain at all. I thought pain is one symptoms of hemorrhoids? the blood is bright red. and it would occur after the last session, not in the beginning or in the middle of the restroom process.

this sounds like internal hemorrhoid bleeding.

a prescription hydrocortisone 25mg suppository over time can help shrink internal hemorrhoids.

diet and exercise eliminates hemorrhoids? if not hemorrhoids, what would be the 2nd diagnosis?

fiber and softer stools and improve diet can help hemorrhoids but won't get rid of them.

exercise can help test weight gain and the rest of your body.

rectal polyps or rectal fissures can also bleed

the best way to know for sure is to see a GI doctor and get an anal scope procedure or sigmoidoscopy to look inside of the bowel and see where the bleeding is coming from.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician