Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I went to my family dr for thyroid panels since thyroid

Customer Question
issues run in my family...
I went to my family dr for thyroid panels since thyroid issues run in my family and to talk about my lack of motivation, my low energy my inability to remain focused. While there my heart rate was 120 and up. I am 27 and healthy so my heart rate alarmed him. My blood work came back normal and I had to take a urine test. I had taken two of my mom's aderall 3 days before to see if they may be part of my issue. My sister and mom are both add. He informed me my urine test tested positive for amphetamine which I'm not prescribed. I skipped my next appt out of fear and he has called my house asking for a returned call. What do I do
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/6/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today. I'm sorry you are concerned about telling your doctor that you took your mom's Aderral. Since your test was positive, just tell your doctor, I'm certain there will be no consequences for you. You should be able to be honest with your doctor. Call the office and make an appointment so you can discuss your feelings/symptoms and be able to get better.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Did you contact your doctor?