Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I wake up with a sweet taste in mouth what could it be. I…

Customer Question
I wake up with...

I wake up with a sweet taste in mouth what could it be

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

I have seizures and asthma

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I recently had a blood test and I was pre-diabetic

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it could be from bleeding from your gums, or from post nasal drip or runny nose possibly.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

it could from the toothpaste you are using.

no teeth pain
I'm 37
female
I use sensosydone
my sister who is 35 and my father who is 66 also have diabetes

I see

sounds like you are worried about diabetes

simple blood tests for fasting AM sugar levels and hemoglobin a1c levels can tell if you have diabetes

do you have a doctor you can see who can do some blood testing for you?