Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there a fee involed? Involved. Diaphragm is sore, like…

Customer Question
Is there a fee...

Is there a fee involed?

Doctor's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Doctor. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Involved

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Diaphragm is sore, like i've done a bunch of sit ups, but there's been no sit ups done. waking up at 2am with pain directly under right breast. no indigestion. no diarrhea. i am pretty stressed tho. husband just diagnosed with cdiff

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

3 nights ago had some pretty intense pain, heat helped. pain reliever helps. hasn't been as bad the last 2 nights

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No...55 yrs old. female. definately over weight. no prescribed meds

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
it's been almost 20 min...haven't heard anything. what's up?
12/6/2017
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 7 months ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Do you have any cough recently?
Do you experience any shortness of breath with walking?

I had a sinus infection the week of Thanksgiving. Took a zpak for it. Still having Sinus drainage. Fiñd myself clearing my throat often. Not coughing near as much the past few days as in the previous 2 weeks.

Thanks for your reply.
Persistent coughing for several days make forceful use of the ribcage muscles.
That can result in straining of the muscle tendons.
This will cause the similar pain you described under breast.
That is why it improves with warm compress as it relaxes the muscles.
Recent stress due to your husband's illness may have made you little nervous.
But given the fact you do not have any other significant symptoms, this is not likely anything serious.
You can even try an anti inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen to help with the symptoms.
Best wishes

Well... believe it or not there's a new twist. I got home from work for lunch n reached under my shirt to scratch an itch. It kinda hurt so lifted my shirt to look at it and there'ssome blisters starting. ...my guess is shingles! I had them maybe 20 yrs ago. I'm a dental hygienist so very likely I've been exposed to chicken pox

Painful blisters red looking distributed along the dermatome of a nerve is likely shingles outbreak.
if you had chicken pox in the childhood or if you never had chicken pox vaccination in the past then you can get reactivation of the virus in times of stress and aging sometimes.

Shingles related symptoms can be reduced by starting valacyclovir 500 mg 3 times daily to be started within 72 hours of rash appearance.
Gabapentin can be also prescribed to control nerve related pain.

Best wishes

How do i get these prescriptions?

They need to come from your doctor or any urgent care clinic per current laws.