Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there an STD treatment doctor. STD

Customer Question
Is there an STD...

Is there an STD treatment doctor

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

STD

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
is there any doctor
12/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA. What is question for us here today?

what to do as a risk limitation for any STD issue when condom is broken ?
with an unknown partner

In that situation if you want to be careful then it would be worthwhile to use a single dose of 1 g azithromycin to protect you against chlamydia and gonorrhea. If the other person is likely to be a carrier of HIV, such as sex workers, then post exposure prophylaxis for HIV should also be started. The PEP for HIV has to be started within 72 hours of the event.

The azithromycin also has to be used within 4 days of the intercourse in this situation.

These two things would protect you against STDs which are commonly occurring.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!