Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I used fluticasone as prescribed for two days and now i

Customer Question
I used fluticasone as...

I used fluticasone as prescribed for two days and now i can't smell anything. Will my sense of smell return?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Cough and a stuffed up head.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

I was treated with an antibiotic for a sinus infection and bronchitis on Nov. 24. I finished the antibiotic and was doing better and then relapsed on Sunday. The Dr. said not to do another antibiotic but to use fluticasone and mucinex. After 2 days of the fluticasone I noticed i can't smell even though i am much less stuffy.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I am 64 and not on any medication for any other problems.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/6/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

That's a rare but well-known side effect of the fluticasone

Nothing at all serious and not permanent and your smell will return once you stop the nasal spray

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you