Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

When I have a coughing fit brought on by either laughing or…

Customer Question
When I have a...

When I have a coughing fit brought on by either laughing or drink going down the wrong way I run out of breath to the extent that I black out

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

The coughing fits have been going on for years but I have always been able to get my breath back but of late I have been blacking out

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was a heavy smoker but gave them up over 40 years ago my lung capacity is not very good

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor
Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
How old are you? Male or female? Do you get pneumonia often?
Please send 5 stars so we can close out this question
Dr. Scott, Doctor