Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is the "optimal" range of scores for T4 measurement?

Customer Question
What is the "optimal"...

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

fatigue, loss of hair, joint pain in neck and upper back

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries. Pain increases when I work on the computer or fold clothes after washing.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am a woman of 77 years, have psoriasis, a family history of thyroid disease, and have had radiation to both side of chest cavity,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

T4 (thyroxine) Free (serum) should be between 0.8 - 1.8 ng/dL or 10 - 23 pmol/L

T4 (thyroxine) Total (serum) should be between 4.5 - 12.5 µg/dL or 58 - 161 nmol/L

I am sorry you are fatigued

being 77 and having psoriasis can cause fatigue

you have had bilateral breast cancer?

what is your TSH levels?

have you had your iron and ferritin and vitamin D levels checked?