Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can chocolate have an effect on your heart/heart rate? I was…

Customer Question
Can chocolate have an...

Can chocolate have an effect on your heart/heart rate?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Yes, I was admitted to the hospital on November 20th with chest pains. CAT scan and stress test came out fine. Did you show my heart rate was elevated. Returned again with the same issues, was given muscle relaxer and Ibrupuben

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Mom died of in-stage CHF, 2 uncles had heart attacks with one receiving 4 bypasses. High Blood Pressures also runs in my family

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It is caffiene in the choclate which makes your heart beat faster and thus can aggravate palpatations or chest pains if already present.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!