Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

WHAT ARE THE RISKS TO A SYSTOCOPY? MY ORTHOPEDIST SCHEDULED…

Customer Question
WHAT ARE THE RISKS...

WHAT ARE THE RISKS TO A SYSTOCOPY?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

MY ORTHOPEDIST SCHEDULED AN MRI OF MY LOWER SPINE WHERE HE FOUND A PINCHED NERVE AND SLIGHT STENOSIS BUT ADVISED ME TO GET TO MY UROLOGIST ASAP FOR A SYSTOSCOPIC EXAM.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

INEE MAY I HAD A BIOPSY OF MY PROSTRATE WHICH WAS BENIGN BUT THEN DEVELOPED PROSTATITUS. I HAD BEEN TAKING MEDICATION FOR MY FREQUENT URINATING.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

THIS JUST DEVELOPED, I AM IN THE PROCESS OF DROPPING OFF A COPY OF MY MRI TO MY UROLOGIST.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Almost zero risk.

Cystoscopy is looking in the bladder with a scope.

It is done under anesthesia but it is one of the least risk procedures.

Minor risk of bleeding and infection.

There can be mild pain afterwards, usually not.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually on the rating scale on the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with JustAnswer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.