Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is Prevagen effective for improving brain function? I'm 60…

Customer Question
Is Prevagen effective for...

Is Prevagen effective for improving brain function?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I'm 60 years old and there are some days I feel my mind isn't as sharp as it could be, and my memory isn't what it used to be. I'm just wondering if Prevagen could help without harmful side effects.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I'm pretty healthy overall. I guess I just want my brain to be 18 again, lol.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of clinical experience and I will do my best to help you today.

This is Over the Counter supplement with claims to help brain functions.

There are no convincing scientific base for this claim, and this is not FDA approved.

It may help, may not, and can give you side effects.

That's all I need to know. Thanks for your help.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to give 5 Star Rating to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.