Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it harmful to take 2 anti depressant pills? The only one…

Customer Question
Is it harmful to...

Is it harmful to take 2 anti depressant pills?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

The only one I take right now is Cimbalta

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really. I do have exercised induced Asthma

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me please, how much Cymbalta in mg do you current take? And what second antidepressant will you possibly be adding to it?

60mg. I don't know the other I'm just trying to find out
No phone calls

Thank you for that information. Yes, it is possible to take 2 different antidepressant medications safely, under the guidance of a psychiatrist or other health professional trained and familiar with treating depression. There are other antidepressants that can combine with Cymbalta to increase it's anti-depressant potency without running into adverse side effects. Can I answer any other questions for you today?

Richard Han
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD