Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does this mean and what would be the symptoms of what…

Customer Question
What does this mean...

What does this mean and what would be the symptoms of what this these words are saying can you tell me that please?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Supraspinatus: There is a chronic complete tear of the supraspinatus tendon, with torn and retracted by 2.4 cm from its insertion on the greater tuberosity of the humeral head
Infraspinatus: Moderate to high-grade chronic laminar interstitial and bursal surface tearing of the infraspinatus tendon measuring 12 mm in AP diameter and 22 mm in transverse diameter. No retraction.
Teres minor: ?Within normal limits.
Subscapularis: Within normal limits.
?
Rotator cuff musculature: Mild fatty atrophy and interstitial edema within the supraspinatus and infraspinatus muscle bellies
?
Teres minor: ?Within normal limits.
Subscapularis: Within normal limits.
?
?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Subacromial/subdeltoid bursa: Small amount of fluid
?
Biceps Tendon: Within normal limits.
?
Labrum: Grossly unremarkable. Lack of joint fluid limits evaluation.
?
Articular cartilage of glenohumeral joint: ?No chondral defects identified.
?
AC joint: Moderate hypertrophic degenerative changes at the acromioclavicular joint. There is also hyperostosis and ?eburnation of the acromial undersurface (series 4, image 11), placing the patient at a moderate to high risk of acromial impingement syndrome.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have recently had two neck surgeries but all the while I've been telling the doctor that was my right shoulder that was hurting they were hit hell-bent on doing surgery on my neck but I'm still having problems from my right shoulder all I want someone to tell me the truth if all the pain I've experienced is due to the words that are I just sent you from the MRI I need to know that and nobody will tell me it was afraid I'm going to sue I just want the truth

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/5/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

You have rotator cuff tears

Has your doctor talked to you about this

No unfortunately my doctor and I had a spat because I had been telling her about the pain not just her but the special is the surgeon that did the surgery on my neck and she's so afraid and defensive that I'm trying to find blame I'm just trying to determine if all the surgery I've had was for for nothing because I have had the pain in my shoulder they kept saying it was my neck I'm not trying to get anybody in trouble I just want the truth so I missed a lot of work because of this shoulder and my reputation at work is horrible and I need for the doctor to say that there was legitimate reason for me to take days off and since then I've taken days off and I've lost my faith in my peers and I look like a flake I need somebody to say yes this is days off and taken was warranted due to this condition that's all I'm asking not that you can say that but that you can confirm that that should be said
Thank you for your time

These tears are significant.

They at minimum need physical therapy.

They are chronic, so they can cause pain, and interfere with work.

We of course can not replace your doctor and can not examine you, so we can not be a work excuse, but I will tell you that any orthopedist is going to be concerned about your shoulder. It is chronic damage, and can cause pain. Not sure surgery is indicated, but physical therapy is.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Please read the following carefully, do that, an then I don't have to worry about ja and will give you more information outside of regular medicine as well.

Also: Hopefully this helps and I have earned a 5 rating from you today. [This has to be clicked on the rating scale on your page.] A 5 rating specifically allows me to have full credit and continue my accurate service as well as providing follow up to you as needed, and it costs you nothing more. Thanks.

Doctor what has been done is been complaining about this for the past couple years and they kept focusing on the neck the only reason I insisted upon a MRI on my right shoulder was because on one of the regular X-rays of my neck I looked off to the right and they're in my shoulder was this broken bone and I kept asking about that and they said " pish posh. It's all part of the healing process" well little do they know of remember this is my second surgery neck surgery and I know what the healing process is and severe pain is not part of that process so all this amounts to I lost the faith of all my peers they all think I'm a flake because I keep calling in sick because I'm in horrible pain and now I'm depressed it's just goes on and on and on I'm not a depressing person I don't hardly ever cry so this is not my life and upheaval and I need somebody to to back me up as far to let give me the confidence to know that I can go and take this in and have a a righteous fight so to speak

I am not sure what your question is at this point.

It seems that my answer has addressed this.....

What is your question at this point?

Hey your system just charged me $29 I didn't okay a $29 charge my bank just called me can you please take that off this is not going to be right if you're going to charge me without knowing come on now

Experts have nothing at all to do with your charges, or money matter.

As far as I know, there is a deposit to ask a question.

Customer service can help with any of those issues.

I answer questions, I am paid by just answer once I get a 5 rating.

I have nothing to do with any site functions, credit card charges, etc. I log in like you do and answer questions.

Hello?

Yes, I just responded to you

did you see that?

Now I will get in the car go down to my bank and make sure they don't charge me for the $29 that the system of yours is charging me I might as well have the $5 take it off as well because I'm not getting an answer
Hello???

I responded to your concern above.

Did you see that?

are you seeing my posts?

Does your mother know that this is that you're working as a thief
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician