Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dr. Love, If I had a fungal infection of the sinuses (not…

Customer Question
Dr. Love,If I had a...
Dr. Love,If I had a fungal infection of the sinuses (not the really serious kind) what kind of discharge do you think I'd have. Clear???Here's why I'm worried. I've had more than my share of antibiotics in the last year.Around May I started feeling a tiny bit "rough" in my larynx off and on. That lasted all summer. No noticeable post nasal drip though.But what really worries me is that when I took the Augmentin for the yellow/bloody postnasal drip, it cleared the bacterial (yellow) part immediately and left something I'd never had before--a copious clear postnasal drip. I still have it between bouts of green/bloody stuff. I think that the Augmentin was the final straw (I'd taken Doxycyline just a month before) and it allowed fungus to grow in my sinuses (obviously not the very serious black kind).What do you think of all of this?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
For Dr. Love ONLY please. Thank you!
12/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

The system will not let me report this as a duplicate question because you posted twice on it. Just do not respond further in this thread and let it time out.