Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have canker sores on my labia. I got them only after I was…

Customer Question
I have canker sores...

I have canker sores on my labia. I got them only after I was treated for a UTI and was diagnosed with another UTI. It started out with two and now I have them all over on the inside of my privates. Could it be herpes? I have never experienced this before and I'm not promiscuous. I have only been with 1 man for the past 10 years what could it be?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The doctor I saw gave me nystatin but it hasn't helped

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm diabetic and right before this started I thought it was a yeast infection

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/5/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Yes,it could be Herpes or any other STD.You need to take a STD panel as well as blood tests for HSV1 and 2.Being a diabetic makes matters slightly difficult ,but once investigated and treated ,the sores should end with the right therapy.Your blood sugar levels need to be under strict control for healing to occur.

Thank you

You are welcome,please rate my answer as 5 stars(the stars are above and to the right of your box),thank you.