Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a moderate headache for well over a month. It…

Customer Question
Hello, I have had...

Hello, I have had a moderate headache for well over a month. It feels like a knife going through the center of my head, starting at the base of my skull and coming out of my forehead. Tylenol and IBU don't do anything for it. I do have TMJ as well and am wondering if this could be the cause? I've increased my fluid intake, had massage and seen chiropractor as well.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Daily, waking me up at times. No nausea

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Fairly healthy 34 Y/O. High stress job.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/5/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having a moderate headache since over a month can be due to migraine or a tension headache.Primary headache accounts for about 90% of all headaches.

Tension headache is the most common type of headache.

This headache does not seem to be related to TMJ.

Anti inflammatory medications like tyleol or ibuprofen has usually no role in treating this.

Triptans such as sumatriptan (Imitrex), rizatriptan (Maxalt) are usually prescribed.The triptan with the longest history of use is sumatriptan (Imitrex). Your doctor may prescribe preventive therapy such as antidepressants, beta-blockers, or anticonvulsants(like gabapentin).This will provide you great relief.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have clinical examination done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.
Hope this helped
If you have any further question then you can ask me.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question regarding your headache?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor