Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My spouse has cirrohsis(?) of the liver. He is scheduled for…

Customer Question
My spouse has cirrohsis(?)...

My spouse has cirrohsis(?) of the liver. He is scheduled for a TPCHC test. I am unable to find any thing on this. What is this test>

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Mainly weight loss. He has been treated for this for around 2 yrs.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I know of. He was first diagnosed with fatty liver. Then cirrhosis.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Does it go by another name? I’m not familiar with that test. What’s the purpose of the test? Is it for liver transplant?

Did you still have questions about cirrhosis?