Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Im 25 years ols single female. Since like five days I have…

Customer Question
Hi My name is***** 25 years...
Hi
My name is***** 25 years ols single female. Since like five days I have wierd smell in urin maybe like wet wood. I have polyuria, thirst, fatique and sometimes I feel wierd like my right shoulder is numb and light pain in my right arm to hand with nausea. my urin was dark but now normal but smelly. I also got back pain.
Im pretty scare what if this mean I will get diabetic? and type of diagnostic lab I need to do ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/4/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well it could be a simple urinary tract infection, pretty common in women so just relax. You can use cranberry juice and Phenazopyridine ( AZO) for burning urine for now. You need following tests for ruling out diabetes ;

Urine microscopy and Culture

Blood sugar fasting

HbA1c

Serum electrolytes and Kidney function tests.

These tests will also help picking up any infection if there .

You can take tylenol or aleve for back discomfort. Keep up your fluid intake as ithelps urine problems.

Hope it answered your query.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.