Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Around 3 hours ago this morning I got bumped on the head…

Customer Question
Around 3 hours ago...

Around 3 hours ago this morning I got bumped on the head with a gift I was helping someone put away

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

I didn't think it was that hard, but got a headache where I was hit immediately and still have a headache

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Since 9:00am this mornign I had a concussion 2 years ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/4/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Is the headache general or just at the place of impact?

Do you feel any nausea, vomiting or dizziness?

It was at the place of impact immediately after. Now it's more general.No nausea, vomiting or dizziness
Having a hard time concentrating with the headache

Thanks for the reply.

Headache is something expected with such an accident but as you do not experience any of danger signs like nausea, vomiting, dizziness or loss of consciousness, there is nothing much to worry about. You can take tylenol and headache should get better in a day. just keep a check for mentioned signs. Nothing much to worry about for now. You can apply ibuprofen cream over the affected area.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

If you get hit in the head and then have a headache after, is that automatically a concussion?

Thanks for the reply.

No, that does not necessarily means concussion.