Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been weepy this last month and seem to have burned the…

Customer Question
I've been weepy this...

I've been weepy this last month and seem to have burned the skin under my eyes with the salt from my tears. I have a small dry, red patch under each of my eyes. I've been treating it with different things: Some arnica, at first. Then hemp oil with a few drops of lavender essential oil. Now a gel with hyaluronic acid, aloe, and some other essential oils. *I think* it's improving on one side. The other side seems more or less the same. Just wondering how long I should wait for it to go away before worrying and physically going to see a dermatologist. I read online that sometimes tears can trigger rosacea, which will not necessarily go away, so I suppose I'm worried that is what has happened.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

I noticed is maybe 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. No major skin or nail changes, no.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was using Prairie Naturals Opti MSM cream every night on my face (for acne scars) before this happened. I've been using it for up to a year with no consequences (only benefits). I wonder if my tears would have interacted with the ingredients at all...Not sure...I'm taking a break from it right now. Ingredients: Purified water, MSM crystals 14%, aloe vera extract, stearic acid, glycerin, sweet almond oil, phenoxyethanol and capryl glycol, sorbic acid, avocado oil, vitamin e, white thyme oil, lavender oil

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/4/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

just click send to reply

Hi. If possible, yes: I would be grateful for an answer to the question I originally submitted.

do you have a picture?

just click send to reply