Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it dangerous to aspirate a pill? Choked on the water as I…

Customer Question
Is it dangerous to...

Is it dangerous to aspirate a pill?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Choked on the water as I was taking an Esgic. Looks like an aspirin. That was 4 hrs ago. I’m still having to clear my throat as if trying to bring something yo. Coughing some.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Not a bad cough was taking in gut for a headache before we went out to the grocery store. I’m consrantly having to clear my throat. I really don’t feel that bad. I’m an asthmatic and I guess it’s aggravating that also. I use an inhaler. Will the pill just eventually desulve? I’m not even sure I aspirated it. I may have just choked badly on the water. But seems srrange the constant clearing my throat and coughing continues. I’m sure it’s keeping my husband awake!!!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really. I’m sure being an asthmatic is making it worse. Just want to stop clearing my throat and sleep. Perhaps make coffee? LOL. SERIOUSLY THOUGH I WONDER IF THE FIORICET WILL JUST DESOLVE IN CASE I DID ASPERATE IT.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/4/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Are you able to keep liquids, food down?

Shortness of breath?

Still choking or not?

Nausea?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Family Physician, Doctor