Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does a 55ng/ml. on a peth test mean. Is it true that…

Customer Question
What does a 55ng/ml...

What does a 55ng/ml. on a peth test mean. Is it true that small amounts of alcohol can trigger a peth? Can you really determine how much a person has had to drink ?

Doctor's Assistant: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?

No. it has been taken

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/4/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

this is a positive peth test result

who got this test result? male or female?

how old?

Do you have an answer? What do I need to do?
Female 25. yes. peth was positive at 55 ng/ml

did you see my questions?

did you have the peth test?

how much alcohol do you drink?

It is not my peth test. The individual may have gotten drunk once in the last month. I do not know how much she drinks.

I see.

20ng/mL (Positive PETH) means the person drank 7 units in 2 hours for a single day most likely

95 ng/mL means the person drinks 2 binge sessions per day of alcohol

so the person most likely drinks somehwere between this.

the person most likely drinsk more than just once in a month.

most likely this is close to drinking several drinks daily

let me know if you have questions.

Thank you.

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com