Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has a rush over the body, we went to walk in

Customer Question
Good morning, Doctor's Assistant:...

Good morning,

Doctor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

My husband has a rush over the body, we went to walk in clinic and see a doctor yesterday. He told us this is an allergy. But rush getting bigger and bigger. Very itchi. Doctor prescribed Cetrizine Hydrochloride 20 mg.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Aspirin 81 mg ones a day & Telmisartan 80 mg ones a day.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No allergy history before, rush start on Friday around 6 pm. Now my husband has a stomach minor pain or discomfort. On Friday was some discomfort in his throat.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Could you upload some images of the rash here?

Did he ever have any fevers?

No, maybe a little yesterday night. Face is swollen. Rush was as medium size bumps, but right now is flat and cover large areas but some small bumps.

Is the rash on the legs and arms as well? How about the stomach or the hands?

On stomach, hands partially legs partialy, stomack

What he has are hives or urticaria. But the medication given to him will not adequately cover this. They are usually intensely itching and they will come and go within 24 hours.

There seems to be no signs of bed bugs or other causes of this.

Usually we prescribe a course of prednisone for cases this severe.

What did you guys think it might be or worry that it might be?

it's very itchy. And we do not have a bed bags. He never had an allergy before and I was worried if it's not infections.
He stated, he has a stomach discomfit. Please advise, it can be food poisoning.He s

It's possible that it's food poisoning but it could also be that he had a small stomach flu or viral bug since he had the sore throat as well. But I don't believe they are related.

As for what to do, he will need stronger medication if the itching is bad, prednisone is a steroid that's taken by mouth and that's usually what we recommend. He can take benadryl at higher doses if he can tolerate it, up to 200mg per day and that could help.

But I don't see this being connected to any infection based on the info you have provided.

Do you recommend to go to walking clinic today and ask for prednisone, and how long it will take rush to go away.

I think that would be a good idea since the other medication isn't helping.

With the prednisone it should start going away day by day after about 3-4 days.

Thank you very much doctor, kindly advise what cause it can be.

There are several causes for this, stress, allergic reaction, food allergy, viral infection, or it can happen if he touched a chemical is body reacted to. It's always hard to determine what the cause is.

My husband said that he bought a red jelly candy's at gas station, can be this the issue?

Sure. Anything could have caused it. Especially those colors they put in food these days.

Thank you kindly doctor, and have a Great day.

I think being seen today is a good idea.

Glad I could help.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please click the rating button when you're ready.

-Dr. Mo

Please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo