Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a smell in the groin which is a horrible smell and is

Customer Question

I have a smell in the groin which is a horrible smell and is sore somedays. Im disabled and only noticed a couple of months ago. As i have had physio and was rushed up to a&e as i was unable to pass urine, havin severe groin pain and then rushed in for an MRI and my physio being at the MRI i dont know what to do.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Ive had the pain about 6 weeks. Nothin affects the pain but i have nerve compression in the hips, degenerative disc disease in l3-s1, narrow of spinal canal. The pain starts in the right groin, right hip and lower right back. Then eases. 5 mins approx later my left side hurts. And since those times I've noticed the smell but only because i was gripping the pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a lot wrong with me. Suffer incontinence at times at night and water retention so thats the lower hald and fibromyalgia
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you most likely have a skin fungal infection in the groin area which can small very bad

you need to use antifungal sprays and powders in the area to fight the fungal infection

you have to use these sprays and powders like Nastatin powder 3-4 times a day for 4-6 weeks

this should help with the smell and fungal infection over time.