Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My gastro doc recently prescribed Anusol suppositories

Customer Question
My gastro doc recently...

My gastro doc recently prescribed Anusol suppositories tontreat internal hemmroids and an anal fissure- at that point there was no evidence of any bleeding- after the 4th suppository the very next day I noticed a very small amount of pink blood on the toilet paper- he told me if I saw blood to come back but my questions are this (1) could the anusol have caused it ( I realize hemmroids and anal fissures do bleed but up to now they had not) and (2) should I stop using the suppositories- I have 6 more to go in this regimen

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Very good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I think that covers it- my last colonoscopy was 5 years ago-

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/3/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Anusol Suppository contains 25 mg hydrocortisone acetate in a hydrogenated vegetable oil base.

It is used to treat hemorrhoids and itching /swelling in the rectum and anus.

Here are your answers:

1. No,the pink blood on toilet paper you have seen is not due to Anusol Suppositorybut this is another symptom of hemorrhoids.
  2. Yes,you can continue using this suppository. This will help treating in hemorrhoids.

Also following will hep you further:

• You need to increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables as they contain lots of fiber.
  • Have sitz bath that is soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.
  • Apply ice packs or cold compresses on your anus to relieve swelling & other symptoms.

All this will help you greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh