Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Wife has had gluteus and hip pain since February.

Customer Question
Wife has had gluteus...

Wife has had gluteus and hip pain since February. Trochanteric bursitis addressed and ruled out. Lumbar MRI and consult with neurosurgeon was eliminated. MRI of posterior showed arthritis not serious enough for any surgery, and a lumbar epidural did not help, nor did trigger point injections for piriformis syndrome. At wit's end for solutions, since hydrocodone does not dent her pain. Could a rheumatologist help?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Since February 2017, she has had the problem, after using machines at a gym. It gets worse during the afternoon.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She is carrying a 30 pound stomach around, like her mom did.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hi Arthur. How far down the leg does her pain go? Is it constant or intermittent?

Mid-thigh, and almost constant. She gets up and walks around, does her laundry, but has limited stamina.

Mid-thigh laterally or medially, or both?

I guess you just want more money. Never mind.

I'm trying to narrow down the problem. You pay the same whether my answer takes 2 minutes or 2 weeks.

She may have sciatica, or she may have lateral femoral cutaneous syndrome. I need to know a bit more before I can help you get to the bottom of this.