Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had to urinate frequenly since last night burns when…

Customer Question
I have had to...

I have had to urinate frequenly since last night burns when I go

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No just the urinateing I go and the about 10 min later I go again no other symtoms

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not at this time I am 57 female

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Burning and frequent urination can be a sign of a variety of conditions, the most common one is a urinary tract infection. Often UTIs also present with fever but it is not necessary that it is there all the time.

Another thing that come to mind is Diabetes. If you are prediabetic or have a family history of Diabetes type II then it would be worthwhile to have your sugar levels checked. Usually, other symptoms in diabetes are irritability, fatigue, confusion, blurry vision, excessive thirst and drinking more and more water along with frequent and burning urination.

At this point, I will advise that you drink plenty of water and start on cranberry juice and disodium citrate sachets thrice a day to relieve the burning and also prevent urinary tract infestation with bacteria in case this is a UTI.

I would also suggest that you see your PCP tomorrow and get a urinalysis done.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor