Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My nephew was diagnosed with proteinuria at a age of 2. He…

Customer Question
Second opinion] my nephew was...
Second opinion] my nephew was diagnosed with proteinuria at a age of 2. He was prescribed steroids for 6 years. Later it was stopped. At 16 years of age, biopsy was conducted and the diagnosis was established to be FSGS. He is 20 years now and he has developed a hydrocele and hernia. Is this related ? what is the prognosis ? Is this related to nephrotic syndrome?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Since when does he have a hernia and hydrocele?

last 2 days

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

A hydrocele and hernia are not related to FSGS or its treatment. These conditions are treatable and will not recur after a simple surgery. They are benign and harmless and can be easily managed. These are separate conditions and are not related to the nephrotic syndrome. You should not worry about these conditions and many individuals even without any kidney disease suffer from these conditions.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!