Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a sore throat and and ear ache when I swallow, no…

Customer Question
I have a sore...

I have a sore throat and and ear ache when I swallow

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

No just a headache this is the second day

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

High bloodpressure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/2/2017
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Well this seems to be due to a sore throat.

What you need to do is to take plenty of water,have some warm water with honey.

Take over the counter ibuprofen or paracetamol to relieve the pain and inflammation.

If this does not improve in a couple of days then you would need a prescription antibiotic like amoxicillin or augmentin.

Do let me know if you have more questions.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread so that I can be credited for helping you today.

You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.

Thank you.

Best wishes.