Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

8 yr girl keeps getting uti what is some home remedies to…

Customer Question
8 yr girl keeps...

8 yr girl keeps getting uti what is some home remedies to help relieve the pain?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

She started with pain this afternoon. she has had about 6 infections in the last 1 1/2 yrs

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No need to know what can we do to help her frrom getting them so often

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Plenty of water and fluids help in UTI, Cranberry juice too is recommended as it changes the pH of urine which kills the bacteria. But ideally she needs a culture test and a course of antibiotic according to culture report. This will eradicate the bacteria and prevent recurrence.

Also whenever there is recurrence of UTI; an ultrasound and intravenous pyelography or a CT scan is mandatory to ascertain the cause.

Kids may have abnormality in urinary tract which may be responsible for the recurrent UTI.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.