Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am,suffering from brain tumor and was not with my nurse…

Customer Question
I am,suffering from brain tumor...
I am,suffering from brain tumor and was not with my nurse proxy when at my pain clinic visit ,I already emptied my bladder and my appointment was over as I was walking out they ran to give me pa p erwkek to get yearn sample done,but I had 3 appointments I was late for.and had to make and was hoping to do it after. I had nD news at the last one telling me I needed all my teeth removed due to radiAtion and fainted in office. I got up and my nurse proxy husband who had to drive me because her mom had face cancer surgery was with her and he didn't know what else to do.. Now they want me dismissed from the program as I forgot from the stresses and brain tumor and because my proxy was not with me to make decisions. They told me they would talk to the administrator and be my advocate,but I am in constant pain and can,it loose this and have been an ideal patient . what can I do. I told them I would take a cab today to take it but they said no. I am freaking out and won't be able to sleep . with this tumour I can't remember what I did 10bmim ago. Can't I be given some leway
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
I was taken home instead of back to the hospital to give the pre sample. And honestly I totally forgot. Had my nurse proxy been with me it would have never happened. Can't the program make an exception due to my brain cancer and the fact my proxy wasn't there to help me like she always is is ? Or can I plea they to keep me in the pain ppgram in which I have been in for years with no problem
12/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

The best that you can do in this situation is to appeal to whoever is the decision maker at the Pain Management Clinic, whether the administrator or the doctor (or both), and provide an honest description of what happened.

No doctor or Pain Clinic can be forced to continue to provide care simply because the patient has been treated for years with no problems. That can be a factor to include in the appeal, but the primary issue in the appeal is an explanation for what happened.

I .had my s t found out ei th h everything else I was going to loose all my teeth as well and lost control in the office hysterical and the doctoytold my nurse proxy husband to take me home and lay down. Do they have any exceptions I didn't even remember until they had called me I forgot.but offered to grab a 30.00 cab th o come right in

It is impossible for me to know whether they have any exceptions. Each individual office and doctor is able to set their own policy, including whether they allow any exceptions. Some are more strict, while others are not. You need to communicate the complete story to them and allow them to decide whether they will allow an exception.