Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am experiencing testicular pain and I am not sure if I…

Customer Question
Hello, I am experiencing...

Hello, I am experiencing testicular pain and I am not sure if I should go to the emergency room. I am reading online and I am mostly worried about having testicular torsion

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

But the symptoms mention swelling and nausea and I have neither The pain began last night It isn't a constant/steady pain It just happens from time to time when I move for example

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had similar symptoms about a month ago, but it went away after a few days. The pain is a little stronger this time around

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

The pain/discomfort isn't also necessarily in the testicle itself, but more like the tendon that the testicle hangs from. I only experience a pain when readjusting a seating position or while moving/walking
I am 28 years old

I think you have epididimytis

this is more common than torsion

It is treated with antibiotics

but you do need to go to ER to rule out torsion

there is no other way

is this helpful?

I dont have health insurance and want to avoid going to the ER if possible. Do I have to go the the ER immediately or can I try to wait to go to a general doctor on Monday? From what I read, testicular torsion is also accompanied by swelling, nausea and other symptoms, none of which I have. Is the pain from testicular torsion constant? Or does it also come and go and happen only during movement?

You absolutely have to go to ER

I'm sorry

Family Physician, Doctor