Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  More than 20 years experience in private practice
1725470

Ihave gums that bleed very easily and small brocken blood

Customer Question

Ihave gums that bleed very easily and small brocken blood vessels on my face.My dentist tells me I don't have gum desease just a strong blood supply to my face,how can I prevent bad breath in this situation
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: nohistory of heart disease,i take coveram for high blood pressure which is under control
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I am nearly sixty and would say better than average fitness Mums 93 and dad died at 86 .h owever I do suffer from deppresion
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 11 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for the question.

Bleeding gums is generally a symptoms if gingivitis ( infection and inflammation or the gums). This will also cause bad breath. Sometimes, deficiency of vitamin C and k can also lead to bleeding gums. other causes are smoking, some medicines like those for heart conditions can also cause bleeding gums.

Please consult another dentist for a second opinion. Strong blood supply to the face cannot cause bleeding from the gums.

Broken blood vessels in the face may be caused by damage to the skin from sun exposure and excess dilation from a source of inflammation or irritation such as rosacea acne. They can also occur with age and thinning of the skin and a person may be genetically predisposed to this condition. There is no specific medical treatment for broken blood vessels. Cosmetics like concealers or medicines like retinoids can help to some extent. Laser therapy and sclerotherapy are definitive treatments for broken blood vessels on the face.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.