Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son just threw up after some heavy coughing and his nose…

Customer Question
My son just threw...

My son just threw up after some heavy coughing and his nose started bleeding while his vomit contained blood. Should I take him to a doctor? He has no temp.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

His temp has been up and down. His appetite comes and goes and today he didn't drink as much as he normally would.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has global developmental delay and doesn't talk so he can't say what's wrong. He's 7.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/1/2017
Doctor: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for waiting. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes you should take him to ER without a second thought. Either blood has gone from the back of his nose and has come up again through vomiting or he has got some bleeding problem in stomach or lungs. Anything is possible and need examination to confirm. So please go to ER now without a second thought. I wish him good luck and that he gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards