Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I, WAS BITTEN BY A BLACKLEGGED TICK. WHAT SHOULD WATCH FOR?

Customer Question
I, WAS BITTEN BY...

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I, WAS BITTEN ON WEDNESDAY LARGE RED CIRCLE 1" DIA.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

TWO DAYS ,THE RED CIRCLE IS THE ONLY SYMPTOM.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/1/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only.
Are you having fever, chills or body aches?
How large was the tick?
What part of the country do you live ?
01 December 2017 12:55
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor
Are you having fever, chills or body aches? No
How large was the tick? 1/8"
What part of the country do you live? Western Pa.
Ok, so bigger than a deer tick which is the one that usually carries Lyme Disease, which is good.But you are having the redness which might indicate infection, so I would recommend being seen today or tomorrow by your doctor or in an urgent care.
They may want to prescribe doxycycline which would treat infection as well as possible Lyme exposure.

did that help answer your question?