Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Diarrhoea 3 days, dull ache lower right belly 1.5 days - not…

Customer Question
Diarrhoea 3 days, dull...

Diarrhoea 3 days, dull ache lower right belly 1.5 days - not painful but uncomfortable causing lack of energy. Had banana smoothie this am which seems to sit well. Male 66 y.o. diabetic (Paul)

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

36+ hours. Laying on right side worse. If I make the effort to get up and move makes it feel better but can still feel discomfiture.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetic on insulin. SVT Sept 16. 120kg.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/1/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

on a scale of 1 to 10, where would you rate this pain?

are you having any fevers?
is there any nausea or vomiting?
do you still have your appendix?

4 - more discomfort than pain
1 bout vomiting 3 am weds (50+ hours ago)
yes

most likely a viral gastroenteritis (stomach flu) which should pass over the next 48 hours and would recommend a liquid diet for now.

However, if pain gets worse, or if you have more vomiting or blood in the stool, I would recommend being evaluated by a doctor to rule out appendcitis or colitis (infection of the colon)

Does that make sense?

You’re welcome and glad to be able to help you today!I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.
Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.
You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.- Dr John.