Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have fluid built up in my elbow. I've had this happen

Customer Question
I have fluid built...

I have fluid built up in my elbow. I've had this happen before ( different arm) and drained and it went away. This time The swelling keeps coming back. I've had it drained about 5 times over the past 3 or 4 weeks.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injury that I remember. I would say about 3 weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had a heart attack in 2008, but doing fine now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/1/2017
Doctor: Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hello. Has there been any trauma to the elbow, or do you rest on your elbows while at work or doing household repairs, etc?