Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was exposed to very high levels of radiation at work. Are…

Customer Question
I was exposed to...

I was exposed to very high levels of radiation at work. Are there any doctors who can examine me to see if I have been affected

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

I do not know the accumulation of radiation but have been exposed for over a year. I am making a claim through workers comp but they would need a doctors result

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have diabetes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/30/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only
What was your exposure and what state do you work in?
I wasn'the wearing a dosimeter but know from a radiation survey conducted a few weeks ago that the area I work had excessive radiation for the last year and a half. If I were to guess, I probably worked in the area for hours. Is their a local doctor or specialist I can see to determine if I am Affected? I live in Casper WY. Denver is the nearest large city.
Can you get a copy of the report?
There is an occupational medicine doctor in Casper.You can search for doctors at https://doctor.webmd.com/find-a-doctor/specialty/occupational-medicine/wyoming/casper
Where you able to see a physician for this issue?