Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have just had a lung biopsy and I would like to know

Customer Question
I have just had...

I have just had a lung biopsy and I would like to know exactly what the doctor did. I had only a local anesthetic as the doctor wanted me to be able to follow his directions on when to breathe. I gather he was not entirely happy with the procedure as I found it impossible to remain totally still for 40 minutes and sometimes I could onto hold my breath for the time needed - up to 40 seconds. The doctor said that everything had to be exactly the same or he could not do it. He said that if i need it again, he will do it under full anesthetic. There was a pneumothorax and three days later is the first day I am pain free. I just want to know exactly what the procedure was. I thought they would grab a piece of tissue and that was that. The reason behind the procedure is that I have a nodule which has grown 5cms in 6 months.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Not as such. But it has been under observation for a while and I have heaps of papers. I am not interested in causing trouble, I just want to know what was done. I would have loved to be able to watch it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. They know it all. Records are shared between my respiratory doctor, my GP and the hospital.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
11/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Did the doctor place a tube down into your throat or trough the nose down into the lungs? Any chance they referred to it as a bronchoscopy?

Please let me know if you still need help with this.

Otherwise you can ask support to cancel the question for you.

Please let me know if you still need help with this questions.

Family Physician, Doctor