Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Start of my period was October 13th. I took a pregnancy test…

Customer Question
Start of my period...

Start of my period was October 13th. I took a pregnancy test a few days ago and it lit right up, I am pregnant. With my first two, I never caught it so early so this is actually new to me. I never bled, no cramping. This pregnancy here is the situation:
No more breast tenderness or pain
Yesterday bright red blood when wiped, lasted a few hours
this morning it came back
looked in toilet pea sized clot was in the toilet
cramping my lower back and stomach
I seen a little blood mixed when I went to the bathroom.
Is this normal?
I am not sexually active. I only sex the one time which was October 29th, which is Cleary when I conceived. I have not been to the doctor as I do not have health insurance. Please, any advice is welcome.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No injuries. Nothing makes the pain worse. Its just there.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

Okay, thank you.

how severe is the abdominal cramping?
are you having any other symptoms such as fever or chills?

I have flu like symptoms including chills , the cramping is actually worse then yesterday. It seems to progress.

Ok, so you most likely are having a miscarriage if you had the positive pregnancy test. This happens often in early pregnancies and most women dont know that they were pregnant, just that they had a heavier menstrual period than normal.

These miscarriages or spontaneous abortions happen because the fertilized egg either did not implant properly or the fertilized egg would not have been able to produce a viable and healthy baby.

if you dont have health insurance, I would recommend Planned Parenthood. They offer free and sliding-scale fee clinic visits with their OBGYNs.

Does that help answer your question?