Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 58 year old female with type 2 diabetes, i ham having…

Customer Question
I am a 58...

I am a 58 year old female with type 2 diabetes, i ham having a hard time keeping my sugar levels low especailly the following day after an intense workout. Monday my level was a 118 after eating light on Sunday. Monday breakfast oatmeal with berries snack was special k; lunch was a turkey sandwich and soup orange; afternoon snack was oikos triple zero yogurt and pb; and went to the grocery strore; tuesday was the same and did a 60 minute zumba workout between 5:30-6:30 and dinner between 7-7:30; Wednesmorning sugar levels was a 124; breakfast and lunch about the same workout at gym was a 30 minute eliptical and 30 minutes of weights and machines; this morning sugar level was 141. so why are my levels higher the more i put incorporate exercise in the evening and what can i do to maintain the lower level

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take metphormin in the morning and evening along with simvistatin

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

It is probably a rebound effect

you are likely going lower in the middle of the night on workout days then you get a higher rebound in the AM.

what is your A1c?

60

6.0?

what do you suggest

I think you are fine

I wouldn't worry about it

If your A1c is good then you are good.

just click send to reply