Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Well. I have chronic adominal pain on my lower right side. I…

Customer Question
Well. I have chronic...

Well. I have chronic adominal pain on my lower right side. I have sarcoidosis . I've been tested, my gallbladder & appendix have been removed & I was born with one kidney on my right side. I am seeing my GD & a Chronic pain Dr. And I have an Endyoscopy in Dec scheduled to make sure something isn't jamming my liver duct. I am on Gabapentin & Codeine for the pain, but that combo isn't cutting it for this flare up

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

This particular episode is going onto day 3. My GD even gave me some Predisone to take for a week 2 days ago. Still nothing is deviating it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've taken a couple of extra strength Tylenol & that brought the pain down form an 8 to a 10.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Half of the ER Dr's who see me think I'm just in there for Drugs and that's not true. I have had this Sarcoidosis for 10 yrs and the pain is as real as it gets. I only have one kidney and the sarcoid has already taken my gallbladder.
11/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Does the pain aggravate on eating food?

What is your age?

It doesn't seem to matter what I eat. The flare up will occur at various diets. I am 49

What is your main concern; the pain intensity or cause of the pain?

The intensity. I already know the cause, but I am doing everything the ER Dr's tell me, but them my GD, My GDI Dr & my Chronic Pain Dr has told me until we eliminate other possibilities, & come up with a game plan to help me be able to live a better life with the CP. With my one kidney, and to help eliviate the pain to go to the ER. But, the ER Dr's give me flack!

A pain due to sarcoidosis will get relieved by steroids.Were your prescribed it?

my GD Dr. Gave me 1 50mg of Prednisone.for 7 days. I'm on day 2 & no relief

The effect of prednisone many times take almost 48-72 hours to show?

Ok. So, I'll suffer through this for another 24 hrs I guess.
Thank you.

I am sorry. But your doctor may give you Tramadol additionally.

Was this helpful?

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

I refuse Tramadol, Percocet, or anything like that, because I don't like hallucinations. The only thing that works is hydro... something and sometimes it starts with an f

Hydrocodone is a regulated drug so usually it is not prescribed by the ER doctors.

No these were injected into my Iv

Okay.

I hope Prednisone acts faster.

your saying don't go to the ER then even though this maybe a kidney issue?

A kindey issues usually will have pain in upper right side.

I am not saying, not to got ER; if pain is moderate to severe; and not relieved by the prescribed drugs; going to ER is justified. They would give you pain relief and investigate if necessary (if think that pain is due to something else than sarcoidosis).

Family Physician, Doctor