Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has just had surgery for primary liver cancer in…

Customer Question
Hi, my husband has...

Hi, my husband has just had surgery for pri***** *****ver cancer in the bile ducts and will have chemo in 6 weeks' time. What is the likely prognosis? Dianne

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

No, should I?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He had hepatitis as a child but doesn't know which one. He is 72 years of age and in reasonable health. He has Diabetes 2 and is taking medication for high blood pressure and hypocholesterolemia.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your husband. Can i ask has the cancer spread anywhere else such as the lungs or bones etc? Do you have a picture of the MRI/MRCP report that he would have had done?