Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My husband has just had surgery for primary liver cancer in

Customer Question

Hi, my husband has just had surgery for pri***** *****ver cancer in the bile ducts and will have chemo in 6 weeks' time. What is the likely prognosis? Dianne
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: No, should I?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He had hepatitis as a child but doesn't know which one. He is 72 years of age and in reasonable health. He has Diabetes 2 and is taking medication for high blood pressure and hypocholesterolemia.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your husband. Can i ask has the cancer spread anywhere else such as the lungs or bones etc? Do you have a picture of the MRI/MRCP report that he would have had done?