Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter was diagnosed three days ago with the flu. She…

Customer Question
My daughter was diagnosed...

My daughter was diagnosed three days ago with the flu. She is at college and is experiencing splotchy skin and a splitting headache along with two pronounced bumps or nodules that have surfaced on her neck and behind one ear. Are any of these signs we need to be concerned about? Thanks.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Nausea has come and gone and at times she's not sure if it's due to hunger or upset stomach. Her headache has intensified tonight, although it's been a low grade since Sunday.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/30/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Is she suffering from a stuffy nose, sore throat, clogged ears, dizziness?

Is she taking any medications?

Fever?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

She is not taking an medications. She does not seem to have a stuffy nose beyond usual, nor sore throat or clogged ears. She has experienced a certain measure of dizziness and extreme weakness that we associated with having the flu.
No fever.
Any additional information needed?

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, her headache can be associated with a sinus headache and she should try some self-care measures including

Take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

Also, do steam inhalation and saline gargles.

She should hydrate herself with warm liquids, Gatorade.

She should take the nasal saline spray and OTC Nasonex nasal spray.

Such nodes/bumps are swollen lymph nodes reactive to infection.

Apply warm compresses on the affected area.

These will reduce in size by their own when infection will subside.

She should start a multivitamin supplement to boost your immunity.

And take vitamin C lozenges.

She should take OTC Meclizine for dizziness.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.