Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter had surgery 8 days ago (breast implants). After…

Customer Question
My daughter had surgery...

My daughter had surgery 8 days ago (breast implants). After 6 days has developed a red spots (rash) on her legs, abdomen. Her hands at the wrists also turned red and have swelled. She taking Benedryl 50mgs but, does not resolve completely. What else can be done

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

First noticed was the swelling on the wrists and red skin in her palms. First dose of Benedryl seemed to resolve but next morning is all over her legs and now abdomen. Splotches on legs have burning sensation

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

has she tried steroid creams like 1% hydrocortisone?

she may benefit from a course of steroid therapy like prednisone or methylprednisolone.

We went to hospital emergency room . Your reply to put cream on it does not fit the extent of the allergy covering her body. She received 2 shots for allergy.

she most likely received a steroid injection and antihistamine injection to decrease allergic reaction.

steroid creams can be used on parts of the skin where there are allergic reactions.

hopefully her allergic reaction will get better in a few days

she should follow up with an allergy and immunology doctor for allergy skin testing to try to find out what she may be allergic to

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com